Thursday, July 8, 2010

Planning the next brewing season. Suggestions?

During the summer I will take it a bit easy. I will mainly be drinking instead of brewing. However, the recipe designer in me can't help thinking about hte next brewing season, again dominated by Belgian beer styles. Here's what I want to brew during the fall (if I manage):

  • Dubbel

  • Tripel

  • Strong golden ale

  • Lambic

  • Imperian amber wit

  • Blonde

  • 100% Brett amber ale (Brett from the Orval project

  • Strong saison with Sorachi Ace hops



The reason why I want to brew these beers is either because I brewed them before and want to improve the recipe, or because I feel the urge to experiment with hops and yeast strains. More then one of them will be split batches, with several yeasts in parallel. I really don't feel like washing 1000+ bottles, whitch is approximately what it will take to bottle all of these beers. Should I consider kegging? I don't know, in my opinion, nothing beats bottle conditioned beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment